Creation: This tiara was made from diamonds belonging to Empress Maria Leopoldina of Brazil, Emperor Pedro's first wife. The diamonds were inherited by her children after her 1826 death but Emperor Pedro later bought them in order to make a tiara for his new wife.
Materials: diamonds set in gold and silver
- Empress Amélie of Brazil; in 1829 from Emperor Pedro I of Brazil on the occasion of their marriage
- Queen Josephine of Sweden & Norway; inherited from her sister in 1873
- Queen Sophia of Sweden & Norway; inherited from her mother-in-law in 1876
- Queen Victoria of Sweden; inherited from her mother-in-law in 1913
- Queen Louise of Sweden; inherited from her mother-in-law in 1930
- Queen Silvia of Sweden; inherited by her husband in 1965 from his step-grandmother and worn after her 1976 marriage to King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden
- What jeweller created this tiara?
- When was this tiara created?